8301 Richmond Highway
Alexandria, VA 22309
Toll Free: 1-888-491-9859
(703) 317-9881 | Fax: (703) 659-6231
Native youth, ages 15-30, can apply in partnership with the “Mentor Organization” of their choice, to receive $20,000 to pursue their dream of telling Native stories, preserving traditional storytelling, and increasing Native representation in various forms of media!
1. You must identify a non-profit organization to apply with. Applicants must apply in partnership with a registered 501©3 or 7871 nonprofit organization, known as the Mentor Organization. Mentor Organizations should be schools, non-profits, or tribal organizations working in Indian Country and to which the Applicant has a personal connection. Each Mentor Organization will designate an authorized representative, known as the Dreamstarter Mentor, to apply with the applicant, attend Dreamstarter Academy, and oversee the grant year. This Mentor should be an individual with whom the Applicant has a good personal or professional relationship. Dreamstarter Applicants and Dreamstarter Mentors will need to fill out this application together, as there are sections of this application for both individually.
2. You must be enrolled in a state or federally recognized tribal nation. Applicants should be prepared to submit documentation with the Application. If you have any questions, please email Dreamstarter@IndianYouth.org.
3. You must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of application.
4. Your proposed project must fit within the theme “Storytelling.” Have an idea that you aren’t sure is eligible? Email us at Dreamstarter@IndianYouth.org.
5. Dreamstarter Grantees and Mentors are required attend Dreamstarter Academy from May 17-20, 2024. Failure to confirm availability will result in rejection of the application and failure to attend will result in revocation of grant if awarded.