In 2016, we introduced a new project to help jumpstart more dreams for American Indian students: Dreamstarter Teacher.
Running Strong will give away up to $50,000 in grants to teachers who serve American Indian students. We’ll select Dreamstarter Teachers who will use their grants to meet an unmet classroom or school need and encourage Native students to follow their dreams.
Grant funds may be used for almost anything you need for the classroom: resource materials, supplies, equipment, professional development, field trips/transportation, and/or stipends to support bringing community liaisons into the classroom.
HOW IT WORKS:
Teachers or other educators (librarians, counselors, etc.) can apply for up to $1,000 to meet a need or project in their school or classroom. Dreamstarter Teacher projects may be one school-year long project or two different projects for the fall and spring semesters.
If successful, Dreamstarter Teacher grants will be made in two installments:
(1) up to $500 (depending on $ requested) in August for the fall semester
(2) up to $500 (depending on $ requested) in January for the spring semester
Important Deadlines for 2019 Dreamstarter Teachers
- May 15, 2018: All Applications are due by 4:00 PM EST
- July 15, 2018: Successful Dreamstarter Teachers are notified
- August 2018: Receive 1st $500 grant for the fall semester!
- January 2019: Once Running Strong has your receipts, receive 2nd $500 grant (if needed) for spring semester!
- All funds must be spent by June 30, 2019
- Applications for next Dreamstarter Teacher cohort will open in Spring 2019
If you have questions or need more information, please email us at Dreamstarter@IndianYouth.org
Return to the main Dreamstarter page