Dreamstarter applicants and Mentor Organizations team up to apply for a Dreamstarter grant together. Each Dreamstarter Application must be signed and submitted by both the Applicant and the Mentor Organization.
A complete Application includes a completed, signed application form with all questions answered, references, signed consent forms from the Mentor, Applicant and Applicant’s parent/guardian if Applicant is under 18, IRS tax exemption letter for Mentor Organization, and completed W-9 form from Mentor Organization.
Budget Template Timeline Template
Important Dates for Dreamstarter Year 5: 2019-2020 (Entrepreneurs):
· 10/14/18: Dreamstarter Year 5: Entrepreneurs Applications open
· 11/14/18: Online question & answer chat with Running Strong Staff & past Dreamstarters
· 12/15/18: Complete Dreamstarter applications due by 6:00pm EST via email or postmarked by that date.
· 3/1/19: Successful applicants will be notified.
· 4/19: Dreamstarter Academy will be held during in Washington, DC. All successful applicants and their mentor from the organization must attend. Grant year begins.
· 11/15/19: Program Update due
· 6/30/20: Projects must be completed, all funds must be spent.
A $500 Dreamstarter award granted to each Dreamstarter once all necessary reporting is received from the Dreamstarter mentor organization
· 8/15/20: Final Grant Report due
Use this checklist to ensure your application is complete. Please include all of the following:
❑ Parts I-II: Completed Dreamstarter Application Form with all questions answered by both Applicant and Mentor Organization
❑ Part III: 2 references each for the Applicant and Mentor Organization
❑ Part IV: Signed consent forms from Applicant, Mentor, and parent/guardian of Applicant if under the age of 18
❑ Part V: Attachments including:
❑ Dreamstarter Project Proposed Budget
❑ Dreamstarter Project Timeline
❑ Copy of Applicant’s Certificate of Indian Blood/Tribal enrollment card
❑ Photo of Applicant and/or 1-3 photos of your community or idea
❑ IRS tax exemption letter for Mentor Organization
❑ Completed W-9 form from the IRS for Mentor Organization
❑ Mentor organization’s most recent audit (if applicable)
SUBMITTNG YOUR APPLICATION:
Applications will ONLY be accepted via mail or email.
You can request the application in another format by emailing Dreamstarter@IndianYouth.org
Applications via mail are due (postmarked) by due date, December 15, 2018.
Mail applications to:
Running Strong for American Indian Youth
8301 Richmond Highway, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22309
Applications via email are due by 6:00 pm EST on due date.
Email applications to Dreamstarter@IndianYouth.org with your Applicant name in the subject line.
Applications will not be accepted via fax.